When I was in charge of business meetings at Avon Products, I discovered how much I enjoy songs, songwriting, and especially … lyrics. Back then, the words of my songs were designed to help create a 10% bigger Christmas selling season. But no matter what the subject, I found that I loved working with words that could be set to music.
Years later, after I’d left corporate life and done some marketing consulting, I became a Creative Gun for Hire, working for meeting production companies and for some corporations directly.
For a client’s event in Cancun, Mexico, for example — intended to make its sales achievers feel great about themselves — I wrote a song with these words: “You’ve earned your own fiesta. Because you are the Best-a!” It’s not Shakespeare, I know … but the clients and their audience loved it.
Mike Greenly Lyricist
THE LATEST FROM THE BLOG
- 24 Aug 2017Living My Purpose In Life
- 31 Mar 2016Does Everything Happen for a Reason
- 05 Feb 2016To Those Who Came Before Us
- 24 Nov 2015Always My Angel
- 04 Nov 2015The Power of Authenticity
- 17 Sep 2015“There She Is …”
- 13 Sep 2015Show Us Your Shoes!
- 11 Sep 2015My Tuxedo is Ready ….
- 03 Sep 2015Miss America and Me
- 31 Aug 2015Celebrating An Unforeseen Achievement